Thursday 11 October 2018

Ariadne (Bride) Cake

Ariadne (Bride) Cake by Lori Cuisinier

 ‘The self-referential and self-replication of the essential “femaleness” in my art had its prepubescent awakening with my family consumption of men’s entertainment magazines and my own psychosexual relationship to that imagery,” says New York-based Cuisinier. ‘The voluptuous “she” impacted my subconscious … While I was not “she”, I could dress (and undress) the part in play and fantasy’.  Posted 4 Oct 2018, (theGuardian)


2 comments:

  1. Good to learn about contemporary artists on here, along with the great older stuff, Ray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Jonathan. I try to keep up with the more contemporary artists; there is so much going on in art at this time!

      Delete