Sunday 29 July 2012

Apple Hamburg  

You're gonna tell me: It doesn't snow every day!...
about like it rains in Rouen, more or less!..
defrosting is one thing...but when I tremble I gotta
burst out laughing...a little story pops into my head
...I'm shivering, I take advantage of the situation! I
imagine a quid pro quo!...a funny situation...if I
guffaw a bit too loud, the screw comes in, he
doesn't like to see me laughing...he gestures that
he's gonna shoot me...so I go "shit"...he locks the
door again...he doesn't get "shit"...that's another
blessing! Besides, I can always laugh all by
myself...even without being too cold...it's the
screamers that stop me...the banshees to the right
of me, banshees to the left of me!...

From Céline's
Fable for Another Time
Translation Mary Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment