Tuesday 31 July 2012

Auxetophone Sound Stamp

So you say, "You'll have a car!" Not so! The car is
a fatso, a half-hearse for has-beens! I won't hearse
around! It's the "Imponder" for me! no other! A
patient phones? I fly! all reflex! calves! lungs like
a forge! I care for myself while caring for others!
One visit, two healthy specimens! the panacea
cycle! you wouldn't believe the rheumatism I suffer
from! they have no name for such pain! I won't
even tell you about it! the elbows, the ankles like
they were in clamps! as if they wanted to get a
confession out of me...a super-fanatic executioner
who breaks his pincers on my knees!...Oh, but just
do a little sports! a cinch! In the open air I'm thirty
years old again! and with altruistic enthusiasm!
   On the bike I'm a more presentable kind of nut-
case! you get a look at me, the patrician! rejuven-
ation through zeal! brimming with health! taking
care of business! ardor! reflection! heart! a new
man!

From Céline's
Fable for Another Time
Translation Mary Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment